International Guests

Welcome International Guests!

As international markets expand, the staff at the International Dairy Foods Association hopes you and your colleagues will come and be part of a growing and important community where you can establish solid relationships with counterparts in other countries and stay up to date on innovations that are emerging around the world. To make your trip go as smooth as possible, please take some time to review this information regarding visas, transportation, insurance, embassies, and delegations. If you need assistance, please contact IDFA and we would be glad to help in any way we can.

Download a flyer translated into the following languages:

International flyer in Chinese  Flag_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China.svg
International flyer in English  US_flag_48_stars.svg
International flyer in German  1280px-Flag_of_Germany.svg
International flyer in Italian  Flag_of_Italy
International flyer in Japanese  japan-flag
International flyer in Korean  Flag_of_South_Korea.svg
International flyer in Portuguese  Flag_of_Portugal.svg
International flyer in Russian  russian-federation-flag
International flyer in Spanish  banderamexico2

Special Services for International Delegations

This year we have developed a delegation program for our international guests. Whomever organizes a delegation of 10 or more company officials (excluding spouses) to attend the show, we will give the delegation leader complimentary housing (room and tax only) for four nights and free admission to the show and educational sessions. Contact IDFA at +1-202-737-4332 or for more information about delegations.

Contact Your Consulate

If you are unsure on how to find the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Your Country please visit the list of U.S. Embassies at to find the U.S. Embassy and Consulate(s) in your country. Download a list of all foreign consulates in Chicago

Visa Information: Important Information on Traveling to the U.S.

We want to make sure that the registration and Visa application process will not slow you down. Before you do anything, make sure you secure your Visa! Read more about Visas and traveling to the U.S.

Health Insurance

Medical care in the United States can be very expensive. All visitors should carry adequate health insurance valid for the duration of their stay in the United States.

Driving in the United States

Visitors who wish to rent cars must have a major credit card and a valid driver’s license from their own country. In some cases, an international driver’s license may be required. Contact the car rental company directly for specific information.

Required Change of Address Notice

Visitors staying in the United States longer than six months must notify the U.S. government of any change in their residential address within ten days or face serious consequences. Address notification should be made directly to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) using their required form.

Registration in the U.S.

Federal law requires that all non-U.S. citizens carry evidence of their lawful status with them at all times. This is especially important for all travel, international or domestic. It is advisable to keep copies of all pages of the passport, Visa, I-94 Arrival-Departure card, and supporting documents such as DS-2019 forms, in a safe place in case of loss of the original documents.

Translation Services

If you or your delegation will require translation services or interpreters,  they can be secured through the vendor listed here:

International Simultaneous Interpreters
5029 Wesley Dr.
Tampa, Fl. 33647
T: 813-977-8181
F: 813-977-9188

About Chicago

Get tips on activities and sights to see, the weather, currency exchanges, and download a visitor’s guide. Visit the “About Chicago” page on this site with information from the Chicago Visitor’s Bureau.

U.S. Visa and Customs Information

Obtaining a Visa to the United States

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a Visa from the U.S. Department of State. Visit for more information.

If you require a letter of invitation from the International Dairy Foods Association, please submit the following information to

Requirements for International Travelers

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative now requires that travelers from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Mexico and Canada have a passport or other secure, accepted document to enter or re-enter the United States. Read more

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) provides travelers with all they need to know before boarding a plane to or within the U.S.

The U.S. Visit Program manages the collection of biometrics required for all international travelers (with limited exceptions) entering the U.S.

U.S. Customs

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is the unified border agency charged with the management, control, and protection of U.S. borders at and between the official ports of entry. The CBP sets restrictions on commercial and personal items that can be brought into the United States. Read more

What’s New

On-floor Education Programs for Your Entire Team

View the List of Education Programs

Get Approval from Your Boss

Use our automated letter to show the value you'll get from the Dairy Show.

Tour the Dairy Show

Watch a video about the Dairy Show to get a glimpse of what you'll experience.

Watch More Videos

Dairy Plant USA
Milk Drive